This will be great for dropping prices on adsl.
Rudi Jansen mentioned five key areas South African ADSL market can benefit from immediately.
- We need naked ADSL where telephone and ADSL line rental is split and not conditional on the other.
- IPC that is more fairly priced and in an architecture that places less strain on the last mile, unlike the central point of aggregation we have now.
- We need more investment in speed to the last mile (faster than the 10 Mbps we get now).
- More exchanges needs to be upgraded to be ADSL capable.
- We need wholesale solutions for the mobile networks with better architecture from service providers to integrate into the mobile networks.
“This will give immediate benefit without the long drawn out process that will accompany LLU. It will also increase competition significantly,” Jansen.
I fully agree with Rudi – FreeTheWeb! FreeTheWeb!